A Business Education Partnership to Help Recruit Teachers to Clark County
There is a teacher shortage in Las Vegas.
Clark County School District is growing, but attracting enough teachers to instruct our children is a significant challenge. This school year, more than 600 teaching positions went unfilled.
Metro Chamber Members – You can help.
Become a community volunteer through the We Care program.
We Care volunteers:
- Call and email prospective teachers who have been offered a contract by CCSD
- Share information about the great quality of life in Southern Nevada
- Answer questions about our community
- Show how much our community cares about having good teachers in our classrooms
It’s easy to get involved.
Simply make a limited number of calls or emails from your office or home. The We Care program will provide you with call lists, talking points and feedback tools. No cold calls.
- Must be a member of the Las Vegas Metro Chamber and a resident of Las Vegas for more than 2 years
- Must be able to contribute at least 20-30 minutes a week
- Must complete volunteer training program