We take privacy very seriously. From time to time, our members may receive our email newsletters, which contain valuable information, exclusive promotions and offers. To comply with the highest level of respect for your privacy, you can always opt-out of this type of communication in accordance with Federal Law.
Member listings are available on our website by accessing the Member Directory. This information is published as a member benefit and is provided by individual members. Member verifications are done periodically throughout the year to ensure we have the latest and most updated information. Email addresses are not listed. A company may opt to add their web address, but that is optional and at the request of the members.
We have a third party relationship with our credit card processing companies. Our contract with these companies requires them to comply with Nevada law concerning the safeguarding of personal information, and prohibit them from using personal information except for the purpose of providing processing services.
We may share non-personal, non-individual information in aggregate with our vendors and partners who agree to use such information for research purposes only, such as analysis of traffic patterns, sales volume, and other site information.
Our site contains links to other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site link to other sites, as we do not guarantee that these sites adhere to the same high standards of privacy and security that we uphold. Users should read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information.
Our members have the choice of opting-in to receive exclusive offers, notifications, news and information via email. At any time, you may choose to unsubscribe or opt-out of receiving these exclusive communications. An easy-to-use link and instructions are provided at the bottom of these types of email communication in the event that you choose to unsubscribe. If you do choose to unsubscribe, your email address will be removed from further member communication of all types. You may also contact us to request that your email be removed from our communications lists.
The email that you provide at check-out is used to send confirmation of your order and when we need to contact a member regarding a problem with their order or registration.
When you complete an online purchase or register for an event, we may need to collect certain personal information for the purpose of processing your purchase or registration. We do not collect, use or distribute the information you provide when making such a purchase or registering of an event for any other purpose.
Our site uses IP addresses to analyze trends, administer the servers, track user movement and gather board demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
We use firewalls, data-encryption methods and password-protected data sources to safeguard the confidentiality of your information. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy and ensure the correct use of personal information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to reasonably safeguard and secure the information we collect online. If personal information is collected through this Web site, we will encrypt that information before sending it over the Internet to protect your online privacy.
Our Websites are general-audience websites and are not directed to anyone under the age of thirteen (Children). We do not seek to solicit information from Children. If Children submit information to us and we know that the individuals submitting the information are indeed Children, we will delete the information as soon as we discover it, we will not use the information for any purpose, and we will not disclose the information to third parties. We urge parents and guardians to participate in their Children's online activities and use parental control or web filtering technology to supervise Children's access to the Internet.
Our site and products are changing frequently and we will update our Privacy, Terms & Conditions and Return/Refund policy periodically. Our policy changes are indicated by the date of the entry at the top of this section.
If you have concerns about the privacy of your personal information contact us at 702.641.5822 or Las Vegas Chamber of Commerce at 8363 W. Sunset Rd., Suite 250, Las Vegas, Nevada 89113.
Information Collection from User Input
- LVCC may, from time to time, collect some information that can be directly associated with a specific person ("Personal Information. Personal Information includes, but is not limited to, names, addresses, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses.
- LVCC collects Personal Information from members, users, patrons, and other individuals who register with any LVCC Site, or affirmatively request to receive e-mail or other services from any LVCC Site. LVCC collects this Personal Information in order to provide these eligible individuals with timely information via e-mail regarding news, resources and issues.
- It is LVCC's general policy that the LVCC may make Personal Information and other information available to our employees, staff, agents, members, commercial partners, regulatory agencies, and law enforcement. If you want any information to remain confidential, please do not submit such information to any LVCC site.
Technical Information Collection
- LVCC logs IP addresses, which are the locations of computers or networks on the Internet, and analyzes them in order to improve the value of our site. LVCC also collects aggregate numbers of page hits in order to track the popularity of certain pages and improve the value of our site. LVCC does not gather, request, record, require, collect or track any Internet users' Personal Information through these processes.
- You also have choices with respect to cookies. By modifying your browser preferences, you can accept all cookies, be notified when a cookie is set, or reject all cookies. (For more information on how to block or filter cookies, see http://www.cookiecentral.com/faq.) However, if you reject some or all cookies, your experience at our site and other sites throughout the World Wide Web may not be complete. Also, you would be unable to take advantage of personalized content delivery offered by other Internet sites or by us.
- LVCC may use pixel tags (also known as web beacons or clear GIF files) or other tracking technology to help us manage our online advertising and to analyze and measure the effectiveness of online advertising campaigns and the general usage patterns of visitors to our LVCC b site.. Such technologies may also be used by third party advertising service providers who serve or assist us in managing ads on our site, such as DoubleClick, Yahoo Tremor and 24/7 RealMedia. These files enable us or these third parties to recognize a unique cookie on your web browser, which in turn enables us to learn which advertisements bring users to our website and to deliver advertising targeted to your interests. The information that is collected and shared using these pixel tags and similar technology is anonymous and not personally identifiable. It does not contain your name, address, telephone number, or email address. LVCC is not responsible for and does not control any actions or policies of any third party advertising technology service providers or of any third party members of any related advertising networks. For more information about DoubleClick, including information about how to "opt out" of the use of these technologies by DoubleClick, go to http://www.doubleclick.net/us/corporate/privacy. To "opt out" of collection by 24/7 Real Media, please visit: http://www.247realmedia.com/opt-out.html. To "opt out" of collection by Yahoo Search Marketing, please go to http://info.yahoo.com/privacy/us/yahoo/ysmt/details.html.
E-Mail List Opt Out
- Subscribers to e-mail lists may terminate their subscriptions by opting out by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with your e-mail address in the subject line.
- Because LVCC cares about the safety and privacy of children online, LVCC complies with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA). COPPA and its accompanying FTC regulation establish United States federal law that protects the privacy of children using the Internet. LVCC does not knowingly contact or collect personal information from children under 13. The LVCC Sites are not intended to solicit information of any kind from children under 13.
- It is possible that by fraud or deception that LVCC may receive information pertaining to children under 13. If LVCC is notified of this, as soon as LVCC verifies the information, LVCC will immediately obtain parental consent or otherwise delete the information from the servers of the LVCC Sites. If you want to notify LVCC of our receipt of information by children under 13, please do so by emailing us at: COPPA@lvchamber.com.
- LVCC Sites are maintained by organizations other than LVCC through service provider agreements. Part of these agreements is to maintain the security of personal information obtained from the LVCC Sites and stored on the LVCC Sites. LVCC is a chamber of commerce organization and not a technology services provider and, as such, relies on the expertise of technology providers to adequately protect the information obtained through the LVCC Sites or stored on the LVCC Sites.
- Your own efforts to protect against unauthorized access play an important role in protecting the security of your personal information. You should be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer, and always log out of any site when viewing personal information.
- LVCC may have links to other, outside web sites that LVCC does not control. LVCC is not responsible for the content or privacy policies of these sites, and you should check those policies on such sites.
- LVCC will revise or update this policy if LVCC's practices change, or as LVCC develops better ways to keep you informed about them. You should refer back to this page often for the latest information and the effective date of any changes. If LVCC decides to change this policy, LVCC will post a new policy on the LVCC Sites and change the date of the policy.
- As set forth in Section 1.3, the LVCC Sites are not appropriate locations to submit, store or display any information or content you wish to keep confidential.
- You hereby agree that the LVCC shall not be liable to you or to any other person or entity regarding any disclosure or sharing of any information you provide to the LVCC or information the LVCC collects about you.
- You, on behalf of yourself and your company or business, hereby agree that you, and your company or business, shall indemnify, defend and hold the LVCC (including, without limitation, its officers, directors, employees, and agents) harmless for, from and against any and all losses, expenses, costs, liabilities, damages, claims, suits, and demands, arising from or attributable to the acts or omissions of you or from any disclosure of information about you or your company or business by the LVCC.