Business Development Executive
The Business Development Executive (BDE) is responsible for recruiting businesses to invest with the Las Vegas Metro Chamber of Commerce. The BDE sells by communicating the Metro Chamber’s value proposition and the return on investment (ROI) of each benefit it offers. The BDE is responsible for achieving monthly sales targets.
- Meets with prospective investors through self-generated prospecting efforts and individual networking.
- Sells Las Vegas Metro Chamber of Commerce investment benefits and upgrades prospects to higher level investments where appropriate.
- Reviews and tailors each sales strategy specifically to the individual business.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining effective communications and fosters high visibility by developing and nurturing relationships with key local stakeholders.
- Researches business-related issues, understands and articulates the Metro Chamber’s support of the business community.
- Creates a strategic prospecting plan for targeted potential investors.
- Maintains knowledge of benefits of an investment in Metro Chamber events and programs.
- Actively prospects for and recruits new leads; manages a portfolio of cold or warm leads and converts into hot leads. Closely manages a pipeline and tracks appointments and opportunities in a database system.
- Actively supports and participates in Chamber programs and events.
- Holds self to the highest levels of professionalism.
- Acts as a liaison between prospects and member to the Chamber, delivering important feedback from the field.
- Represents the Chamber in a professional manner and exhibits the organization’s culture and mission.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Previous outside business to business sales experience required
- Sales experience, particularly in a membership-based organization is preferred
- Strong written, verbal communication, organizational and listening skills
- Self-starter & motivated to meet sales goals and objectives
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment on deadline and with variable hours
- Ability to create and deliver compelling presentations, tailored to key audiences
- Ability to work with little supervision
- Comfortable presenting to individuals at all levels in a business organization
- Flexible, open to the evolution of process and new information; adapts behavior and work methods accordingly
- Holds self accountable to meet established sales targets and can be relied upon to ensure that projects and reports are completed in a timely manner
- Capable of maintaining sensitive/confidential information
- Works as an ambassador of the LVMCC at all times, and reflects the best interest of the Metro Chamber in all internal and external communication
- Able to be a productive member of the Chamber membership team, working together with MEL’s, BDS’s and Support Specialist
- Intermediate level capabilities in MS Office and database programs. Proficient in MS Word, Excel and computerized database management. Minimum keyboard skills at 40 wpm
- Flexible, open to the evolution of process and new information
- Knowledge of Chamber policies and member benefits
- Must have/maintain a dependable vehicle and must provide proof of insurance and valid driver’s license upon request
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or comparable work experience required
Please submit resumes to email@example.com.