As a data-driven organization, the Chamber utilizes public policy and research reports to advocate, educate, and promote important legislation within our community. This helps further economic development, support regional competitiveness and maintain a pro-prosperity environment for Chamber members, like you.
UNLV Lee Business School Center for Business and Economic Research – Quarterly Business Optimism Reports
Each quarter, the Metro Chamber sends a survey to its members on behalf of the UNLV Lee Business School Center for Business and Economic Research about overall business optimism on the local, state, and federal levels. Responses are combined with other business professionals from all over the Valley to comprise the quarterly Business Confidence Index. The Index includes five components (general economic conditions in Nevada, sales, profits, hiring, and capital expenditures) to gauge overall business confidence for the coming quarter. Take a look at the last Index:
Metro Chamber Legislative Summary
After each legislative session, the Metro Chamber releases a comprehensive legislative summary book detailing the bills in which it engaged, how they would impact the business community, the Metro Chamber’s position on the bill, and the outcome of it.
Presentation in April 2013 delivered to the Metro Chamber from Kati Haycock, President of the Education Trust, on the educational landscape in the U.S. and how Nevada compares. During the presentation, Haycock offered ideas, suggestions and steps to move forward to give the students of Southern Nevada the best opportunities to graduate high school and prepare for college and the workforce. View the presentation here.
Public Employee Compensation Reports
- State-to-State Comparison of Public Employee Compensation Levels – 2010
- State-to-State Comparison of Public Employee Compensation Levels – 2009
- State-to-State Comparison of Public Employee Compensation Levels – 2008
- Overview & Comparative Analysis of the Nevada PERS
- State-to-State Comparison of Public Employee Compensation Levels – Rev
- Comparative Analysis of Public and Private Employee Compensation Levels
- Overview & Comparative Analysis of Nevada’s State Retiree Health Insurance...
- Overview of State Budget Practices: Caps, Reserves, & Interim Administration
- The Relative Stability of Nevada’s State Tax System
- Preliminary Recommendations and Guidelines for NRS 288 Fiscal Impact...