The Voice of Business. Standing Up For You, Every Day.
The Metro Chamber is the voice for your business in government. It fights for your business every day, actively developing and promoting policy positions on critical issues impacting the business community, as well as continuously asserting its role as the leading business organization in the state on your behalf at all levels of government.
The Metro Chamber’s Government Affairs team:
- Promotes policy priorities that support the expansion of business and job creation
- Protects employers
- Commissions thorough, ongoing policy reports and research
- Furthers economic development initiatives and activities
A fundamental component of the Metro Chamber’s mission is to advocate the views of the business community to our elected officials. This is done by engaging elected officials in meaningful policy discussions on your behalf. The Government Affairs team identifies, develops, and recommends policy to the Government Affairs Committee. The committee is a dynamic volunteer committee of Metro Chamber leaders who meet monthly to guide the Metro Chamber in its public policy positions, such as representing the best interests of business through candidate endorsements, contributions, and grassroots campaign support.
Government Affairs Team
The Government Affairs team keeps you informed of important issues facing your business through newsletters, policy reports, political events, and policy committee meetings. With more than 50 years of combined public policy and advocacy experience on staff, the Metro Chamber’s Government Affairs team are experts in your corner every day. Feel free to reach out to the team with any questions you may have.
- Paul J. Moradkhan – Vice President of Government Affairs
- Justin Harrison – Director of Government Affairs
- Joi Holliday – Government Affairs Coordinator
- Erica Valdriz – Fundraising Coordinator
Government Affairs Committee Members
The Metro Chamber’s legislative and policy priorities are developed by its Government Affairs Committee. This is a group of Metro Chamber members who analyze issues and make determinations that guide the Metro Chamber’s positioning on matters to promote fiscal responsibility at the state and local government levels, improve our education system, and strengthen the business environment and economy in Southern Nevada. The committee also makes decisions regarding endorsements of candidates and political contributions.
- Hugh Anderson, Chairman – HighTower Las Vegas
- Curt Anderson – Fair, Anderson and Langerman
- Jay Barrett- The JABarrett Company
- Michael Bolognini – Chairman of the Board of Trustees – Cox Communications
- Bob Brown – Opportunity Village
- Mark Brown – Miracle Flights
- Thomas J. (Tom) Burns- Cragin & Pike, Inc.
- MaryKaye Cashman- Cashman Equipment Co.
- Tim Cashman- Las Vegas Harley-Davidson
- Lisa de Marigny – Showtime Tours
- J.T. Foley – Las Vegas Sands Corp.
- Craig S. Galati- LGA, Inc.
- Debra Gallo – BIZPac Chair – Southwest Gas
- Valerie Glenn- The Glenn Group
- John Guedry – Bank of Nevada
- Dave Howell – Wells Fargo
- Karlos LaSane – Caesars Entertainment Corporation
- Rod Martin – Majestic Realty
- Todd Mason – Wynn Resorts
- Erin McMullen – Boyd Gaming Corporation
- Bill Noonan – Immediate Past Chairman of the Board of Trustees – Boyd Gaming Corporation
- George F. Ogilvie III, Esq.- McDonald Carano Wilson LLP
- John O’Reilly- O’Reilly Law Group
- Randy Robison- CenturyLink
- Terry Shirey – Chairman Elect of the Board of Trustees – Nevada State Bank
- Jennifer Simich – Republic Services
- Todd Sklamberg- Sunrise Hospital & Medical Center
- Judy Stokey- NV Energy
- Sasha Sutcliffe-Stephenson – MGM Resorts International
- Ted Wiens, Jr.- Ted Wiens Tire & Auto