||Registration and networking, light breakfast
|7:30 am - 12:00 pm
||Business Resource Expo
|8:00 am - 12:00 pm
- One-on-one small business loan consultations will be available. Walk-ins are welcome, but an appointment is recommended. Please call 702-734-3555 or email email@example.com to make an appointment.
|8:00 am - 12:00 pm
|8:00 - 9:00 am — Session 1
Small Business Owner Peer Panel
This panel of business owners will share their insights and their experience with navigating and overcoming obstacles to success.
- Carlos Pereira, Bon Breads
- Joyce Dawson, Sonitrol
- Jana Forsythe, FEI Construction
- Jane Lee, Jadon Foods
Margins Tax/ Education Initiative
Panelists, representing positions on both sides of the ballot measure, will discuss this important initiative and what it means for our state.
- Ruben Murillo, NSEA
- Karen Griffin, Coalition to Defeat the Margins Tax
- Carole Vilardo, Nevada Taxpayers Association
|9:30 - 10:30 am — Session 2
Online Strategies to Grow Your Business
Hear from the pros about best practices for online and social media marketing to establish your brand and to reach new customers.
- Stormie Andrews, Yokel Local
- Maria Bailey, Success City Online
- Cheryl Thode, All About Marketing Solutions
- Debe Fennell, Launch Moxie
Affordable Care Act: What We Know
With a critical deadline for business compliance approaching, learn more about what this means to you.
- Scott Kipper, Division of Insurance
- Tyler Klimas, Silver State Health Exchange
- Kyle Clingo, UnitedHealthcare Nevada
|11:00 am - 12:00 pm — Session 3
Educating Tomorrow’s Workforce
Participate in an interactive discussion with the organizations leading the effort s to pre-pare a qualified workforce for the current and future needs of Nevada’s businesses.
- Darren Divine, CSN
- Janet Blume, Foundation for an Independent Tomorrow
- Debra Solt, Vegas PBS
Exploring Nontraditional Financing Opportunities
Explore the options for raising capital for your business through non-traditional methods.
- Chuck Schultz, Interface Financial Group
- Mary Kerner, Rural Nevada Development Corp.
- Peter Guzman, VCOZ
- Roberto Barragan, Valley Economic Development Center (VEDC)
|12:00 - 1:30 pm
Luncheon featuring special guest speakers and keynote by Governor Brian Sandoval
- Steve Hill Governor’s Office of Economic Development (bio)
- Dr. Kenneth Witcher, Dean, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University (bio)
Please note that agenda is subject to change at any time.
The cost to attend the conference is $50, and includes light breakfast, networking, access to the Business Resource Expo, panel discussions, and lunch.
Click here to Register as an Attendee