About Government Affairs
Government Relations Leads Efforts to Advocate and Protect Your Business...
The Chamber is the voice for your business in government. It actively develops and promotes policy positions on critical issues impacting the business community, as well as continuously asserts its role as the leading business organization in the state on your behalf on all levels of government. The Chamber's Government Relations team:
- Promotes policy priorities that support the expansion of business
- Protects employers
- Commissions thorough, ongoing policy reports and research
- Furthers economic development
A fundamental component of the Chamber's mission is to advocate the views of the business community to our elected officials. This is done by engaging elected officials in meaningful policy discussions on your behalf. The Government Relations team identifies, develops and recommends policy to the Government Affairs Committee. The committee is a dynamic volunteer committee of Chamber leaders who meet monthly to guide the Chamber in its public policy positions, such as representing the best interests of business through candidate endorsements, contributions and grassroots campaign support.
Government Relations Team
The Government Relations team keeps you informed of important issues facing your business through newsletters, policy reports, political events and policy committee meetings. Feel free to reach out to the team with any questions you may have.
Brian McAnallen - Vice President of Government Affairs
Paul J. Moradkhan - Director of Government Affairs
Kelly Martinez - Government Affairs Coordinator
Government Affairs Committee Members
The Chamber's legislative and policy priorities are developed by its Government Affairs Committee. This is a group of Chamber members who analyze issues and make determinations that guide the Chamber's positioning on matters to promote fiscal responsibility at the state and local government levels, improve our education system, and strengthen the business environment and economy in Southern Nevada. The committee also makes decisions regarding endorsements of candidates and political contributions.
- Hugh Anderson - HighTower Las Vegas
- Jay Barrett - The JABarrett Company
- Thomas J. (Tom) Burns - Cragin & Pike, Inc.
- Joe Cain - Fine Properties, LLC
- MaryKaye Cashman - Cashman Equipment Co.
- Tim Cashman - Las Vegas Harley-Davidson
- Robert "Bob" Coyle - Republic Services
- Craig S. Galati - LGA, Inc.
- Valerie Glenn - The Glenn Group
- Tom Jenkin - Caesars Entertainment Corporation
- Jay Kornmayer - Wells Fargo Bank
- Bob Linden - Shred-It Las Vegas
- Rob McCoy - CenturyLink
- Denice Miller - MGM Resorts International
- George F. Ogilvie III, Esq. - McDonald Carano Wilson LLP
- John O'Reilly - O'Reilly Law Group
- Kevin Orrock - The Howard Hughes Corporation
- Gina Polovina - Boyd Gaming Corporation
- John Restrepo - RCG Economics, LLC
- Todd Sklamberg - Sunrise Hospital & Medical Center
- Ted Wiens, Jr. - Ted Wiens Tire & Auto