About Government Affairs
Government Affairs Leads Efforts to Advocate and Protect Your Business...
The Metro Chamber is the voice for your business in government. It actively develops and promotes policy positions on critical issues impacting the business community, as well as continuously asserts its role as the leading business organization in the state on your behalf on all levels of government. The Metro Chamber's Government Affairs team:
- Promotes policy priorities that support the expansion of business
- Protects employers
- Commissions thorough, ongoing policy reports and research
- Furthers economic development
A fundamental component of the Metro Chamber's mission is to advocate the views of the business community to our elected officials. This is done by engaging elected officials in meaningful policy discussions on your behalf. The Government Affairs team identifies, develops and recommends policy to the Government Affairs Committee. The committee is a dynamic volunteer committee of Metro Chamber leaders who meet monthly to guide the Metro Chamber in its public policy positions, such as representing the best interests of business through candidate endorsements, contributions and grassroots campaign support.
Government Affairs Team
The Government Affairs team keeps you informed of important issues facing your business through newsletters, policy reports, political events and policy committee meetings. Feel free to reach out to the team with any questions you may have.
Paul J. Moradkhan - Vice President of Government Affairs
Justin Harrison - Director of Government Affairs
Maisie Rodolico - Government Affairs Fundraiser
Joi Holliday - Government Affairs Coordinator
Government Affairs Committee Members
The Metro Chamber's legislative and policy priorities are developed by its Government Affairs Committee. This is a group of Metro Chamber members who analyze issues and make determinations that guide the Metro Chamber's positioning on matters to promote fiscal responsibility at the state and local government levels, improve our education system, and strengthen the business environment and economy in Southern Nevada. The committee also makes decisions regarding endorsements of candidates and political contributions.
- Hugh Anderson, Chairman - HighTower Las Vegas
- Curt Anderson - Fair, Anderson and Langerman
- Jay Barrett- The JABarrett Company
- Bob Brown- Opportunity Village Foundation
- Thomas J. (Tom) Burns- Cragin & Pike, Inc.
- MaryKaye Cashman- Cashman Equipment Co.
- Tim Cashman- Las Vegas Harley-Davidson
- Robert "Bob" Coyle- Republic Services
- Lisa de Marigny - Showtime Tours
- Craig S. Galati- LGA, Inc.
- Debra Gallo - Southwest Gas
- Valerie Glenn- The Glenn Group
- Dave Howell -Wells Fargo
- Ulrico Izaguirre -Wynn Resorts
- Karlos LaSane -Caesars Entertainment Corp.
- John Lopez- Cox Communications
- Rob McCoy- CenturyLink
- Denice Miller -MGM Resorts International
- Bill Noonan- Boyd Gaming Corporation
- George F. Ogilvie III, Esq.- McDonald Carano Wilson LLP
- John O'Reilly- O'Reilly Law Group
- Kevin Orrock- The Howard Hughes Corporation
- Todd Sklamberg- Sunrise Hospital & Medical Center
- Judy Stokey -NV Energy
- Ted Wiens, Jr.- Ted Wiens Tire & Auto